This article shows you how to download and install the full version of Synthesia for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing Synthesia on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Synthesia System Requirements
- How to Download and Install Synthesia
- Required files
About the software
Synthesia is a piano keyboard trainer for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Android which allows users to play a MIDI keyboard or use a computer keyboard in time to a MIDI file by following on-screen directions, much in the style of Keyboard Mania or Guitar Hero. Additionally, Synthesia can be paired with MIDI keyboards that have illuminated keys, or with virtual player piano on screen, which some people believe makes learning piano easier for beginners. It was originally named Piano Hero, due to the similarity of gameplay with Guitar Hero; this was until Activision (the owners of the rights to Guitar Hero) sent a cease and desist to the program’s creator, Nicholas Piegdon.
Synthesia System Requirements
- OS: Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10.
- Processor: 32 or 64-bit.
- Additional Notes: USB or MIDI keyboard (with MIDI-USB interface) required for maximum interactivity (chord recognition, etc.). Microphone or Line In required for basic audio interactivity (single notes). Requires QuickTime 7 (included).
How to Download and Install Synthesia
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software