This article shows you how to download and install the full version of Houdini Indie v19.5.493 for free on a PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing Houdini Indie v19.5.493 on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Houdini Indie v19.5.493 System Requirements
- How to Download and Install Houdini Indie v19.5.493
- Required files
About the software
As an independent filmmaker or indie game developer, your goal is to create professional-quality work with a small team and tight budget. Houdini Indie helps you accomplish this by making all the features of Houdini FX affordable for indies.
Whether you are modeling by hand or working procedurally, Houdini Indie helps you create large models faster than ever before. The modeling tools in Houdini Indie make it easier to create good surface topology for use in Film, TV, Games and VR, and can be used interactively in the viewport or procedurally in the Network editor. Choose from a wide variety of polygon, NURBS and Subdivision Surface modeling tools while procedural techniques can be used to maintain a robust construction history and to create highly detailed models.
Houdini Indie offers a complete solution for rigging and animating characters and creatures. These tools include Auto-rigging, Muscle and Flesh, Vellum Cloth, Hair and Fur and more. The new Biharmonic skin capturing will save riggers valuable time while the FEM-based muscles produces high-realism results.
The node-based approach fits perfectly with the working methodology of a typical character rigging TD. Characters can be easily wrapped up into a pipeline-friendly Digital Asset node to be animated using invisible rigs, the character picker and the pose library. Houdini Indie also includes a full Crowd solution to handle mid-background characters.
The terrain system in Houdini Indie lets you layer and edit terrain easily with tools such as procedural noise, or paint or mask out areas directly. The operations are very similar to image compositing, so terrain artists will find the Houdini Indie workflow familiar. The terrain can then collide with Fluid simulations, Crowd agents, Particles, RBD/destruction and Pyro FX – without converting the heightfields into geometry.
The main features of Houdini Indie are:
- Plug-ins to Host Applications
- GAME DEV
- RENDERING Lighting & Texturing
- TERRAIN Generation
- VFX Particles and Dynamics
- CHARACTER Rigging & Animation
- MODELING Interactive & Procedural
Houdini Indie v19.5.493 System Requirements
- Windows 11 (64bit)
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Windows 7 is NOT supported.
- Windows Server (any version) is NOT supported.
- 4 GB required
- 12 GB or higher recommended and 64GB strongly recommended for fluid simulations
- Intel or AMD x64 CPU with SSE 4.2 required. Houdini 19.5 will not run on a system with an instruction set lower than SSE 4.2.
- 4.5 GB required for installation
- Minimum resolution: 1920 x 1080 or higher is recommended.
How to Download and Install Houdini Indie v19.5.493
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software