This article shows you how to download and install the full version of Cisco Packet Tracer 7 for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing Cisco Packet Tracer 7 on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Cisco Packet Tracer 7 System Requirements
- How to Download and Install Cisco Packet Tracer 7
- Required files
About the software
Cisco Packet Tracer is a powerful network simulation program that allows students to experiment with network behavior and ask “what if” questions. As an integral part of the Networking Academy comprehensive learning experience, Packet Tracer provides simulation, visualization, authoring, assessment, and collaboration capabilities and facilitates the teaching and learning of complex technology concepts.
Packet Tracer supplements physical equipment in the classroom by allowing students to create a network with an almost unlimited number of devices, encouraging practice, discovery, and troubleshooting. The simulation-based learning environment helps students develop 21st century skills such as decision making, creative and critical thinking, and problem solving. Packet Tracer complements the Networking Academy curricula, allowing instructors to easily teach and demonstrate complex technical concepts and networking systems design.
Cisco Packet Tracer 7 System Requirements
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 2.53 GHz or equivalent
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS (Ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04 LTS not supported anymore)
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 1.4 GB of free disk space
- Display resolution: 1024 x 768
- Language fonts supporting Unicode encoding (if viewing in languages other than English)
- Latest video card drivers and operating system updates
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz or better
- RAM: 4 GB or more
- Storage: 1.6 GB of free disk space
- Display resolution: 1920 x 1080 (HD)
- Sound card and speakers
- Internet connectivity (if using the Multiuser feature)
How to Download and Install Cisco Packet Tracer 7
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software