This article shows you how to download and install the full version of Adobe DNG Converter v15.1.1 for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing Adobe DNG Converter v15.1.1 on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Adobe DNG Converter v15.1.1 System Requirements
- How to Download and Install Adobe DNG Converter v15.1.1
- Required files
About the software
The Adobe DNG Converter enables you to easily convert camera-specific raw files from supported cameras to a more universal DNG raw file. Another benefit of using the DNG Converter is backward compatibility.
Digital Negative (DNG) is an openly published raw file specification that stores the “raw” pixel data captured by the digital camera sensor before it has been converted to JPEG or TIFF formats, along with standard EXIF metadata, date, time, camera used, and camera settings. This format is freely available for other software and hardware vendors to support.
Unlike most manufacturer-specific raw formats, the Digital Negative is an openly published specification that not only is supported by Adobe, but is also freely available for other software and hardware vendors to support. Consequently, it can be a safer file format to use for long-term archival purposes. Archiving your file as a digital negative eliminates worries that the raw file will no longer be readable once the camera format that created it becomes obsolete.
The Digital Negative specification allows for not only all of the pixel information stored in current raw formats, but also for all of the additional, proprietary metadata that many manufacturers include. The Adobe DNG Converter may, in some cases, ignore some of this proprietary metadata, and only include the basic information necessary for creating a high-quality image file. The original raw file, however, can also be embedded in the new DNG format to ensure that proprietary metadata from the manufacturer is not lost.
The main features of Adobe DNG Converter are:
- DNG removes a potential barrier to new camera adoption, since raw files from new models will be immediately supported by Photoshop and other applications.
- The DNG format allows R&D savings by reducing the need to develop new formats and by simplifying camera testing.
- A common format allows greater control over the quality of conversions by third-party applications.
- The specification allows the addition of private metadata to DNG files, enabling differentiation.
- DNG format helps promote archival confidence, since digital imaging software solutions will be able to open raw files more easily in the future.
- A single raw processing solution enables a more efficient workflow when handling raw files from multiple camera models and manufacturers.
- A publicly documented and readily available specification can be easily adopted by camera manufacturers and updated to accommodate technology changes.
Adobe DNG Converter v15.1.1 System Requirements
|Processor||Intel® or AMD processor (2 GHz or faster with SSE 4.2 or later, and 64-bit support), or ARM processor (2 GHz or faster with 64-bit support)|
|Operating system||Windows 10 (version 20H2 or later) or Windows 11 (version 21H1 or later)|
|4 GB||16 GB|
|Hard disk space||4 GB of available hard-disk space; additional space required for installation|
|Monitor resolution||1024 x 768 display at 100% UI scaling||1920 x 1080 display at 100% UI scaling|
|Graphics card (GPU) requirements||
|For more information, see the ACR GPU FAQ|
How to Download and Install Adobe DNG Converter v15.1.1
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software